We are looking for an enthusiastic Human Resources (HR) Generalist to implement a variety of human resource programs. The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the Director in supporting the home office and numerous remote employees in various geographic regions. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment, and employment law compliance.
If you are looking to kick start your career in HR, this is the place to be. We are a mid-level start up, so there is great opportunity here to be part of many HR function areas. Due to the diversity of responsibilities of the role, the ideal candidate will be a competent and resourceful individual with a passion for HR.
The goal is to ensure the HR department’s operations will run smoothly, efficiently and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization. Some responsibilities will include:
- Administers compensation and benefit plans
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment benefits laws and regulations and works with attorney when questions arise
- Assists in talent acquisition and recruitment processes
- Conducts employee onboarding, off boarding, and helps plan training & development
- Provides support to employees in various HR related topics such as leaves, compensation etc. and resolve issues and problems
- Promotes HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace, including employee engagement and community stewardship programs
- Assists in development and implementation of human resource policies/handbook revisions, etc.
- Gathers and analyze data with useful HR metrics
- Plans and implement companywide events
- 3 to 5 years of proven experience as HR Generalist (PHR certification a plus)
- Understanding of general human resources policies and procedures
- Understanding of HR best practices and current regulations
- Good knowledge of employment/labor laws
- Sound judgment and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding knowledge of MS Office; HRIS systems (e.g. Paylocity) will be a plus
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Desire to work as a team with a result driven approach
- Customer-focused attitude, with high level of professionalism and discretion
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained