Ruby Test Engineer
Linux Academy is seeking a Ruby Test Engineer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team.
Ruby Test Engineers at Linux Academy are responsible for developing back end Ruby code used to evaluates end user test results, as well as integrating our lab test software with cloud technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, and Azure. This team is active in all phases of the software development lifecycle, including performing proof of concept work with new cloud technologies, maintaining Ruby code, planning code releases, managing branches and tags in our code repository, and release testing against dev and stating lab environments.
Develop cloud integration software
- Develop integrations with 3rd party API’s using published Ruby SDKs.
- Test API integrations against live cloud environments.
- Use published SDK documentation for developing our integration library, and to determine methods for evaluating cloud environments.
Develop and maintain our test library
- Write test code for individual assessments and lab tests.
- Develop and maintain a library of integrating code and methods of evaluation.
- Test our software library to ensure that assessments and labs are graded properly.
- Work to find solutions in unique or edge-case situations.
- Maintain knowledge of cloud computing best practices related to specific vendors (AWS, OpenStack, Azure, etc..) as necessary for developing test software.
Software development lifecycle planning and implementation
- Maintain code releases by publishing versioned branches and maintaining Ruby gem versions.
- Work with instructors and content team members to determine requirements.
- Maintain cloud environments for testing and development.
- Write code using Linux Academy and Ruby best practices to ensure software maintainability.
- Knowledge of Ruby as a programming language
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience with Azure
- Must have a solid understanding of RSpec
- Experience with cloud based computing concepts and understanding of how the components work within cloud provider
- Knowledge of Rake, bundler, and ruby gems
- Experience with object-oriented programming
- Experience with API development
- Ability to think independently, critically, and creatively.
- Possess excellent problem solving and eye for detail along with a pro-active and innovative mindset.
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly and a penchant for learning constantly
- If remote, some travel to main office may be required and you must have access to a computer, internet, and phone.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States
- High compensation with bonus opportunities
- Three weeks’ vacation, one-week sick leave
- Free drinks/snacks for office-based employees
- Paid training and opportunity to attend technical conferences
- Health, dental, vision covered 100% for individuals and reduced rates for spouse/family
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with an exciting, fun team and roll out new, innovative projects