Linux Academy is looking for a highly collaborative creative producer to join our in-house Marketing team. The Producer plays a pivotal role in supporting and achieving business goals through the creation of editorial and marketing video content for our brands.
The Producer collaborates with the Marketing team to come up with video and audio ideas that align with our strategy and goals. This position manages the video/audio content through all stages of production – generating content concepts; performing basic studio shoots; coordinating resources and planning; sourcing, lighting, audio, and editing content; publishing and preparing content for online distribution; and maintaining content assets.
In addition to camera operation, color grading, audio mixing, design, editing, and animating when necessary, a producer’s responsibilities involve the following:
- Lead video projects and coordinate shoot logistics from start to completion in a timely manner
- Collaboration with cross-functional teams in developing quality video/audio production as it relates to podcasts, special events coverage, or other public-facing media that support business goals and/or grow and engage our online audiences. Researches issues, finds available stock and other resources.
- Create production roadmap for each project
- Orchestrate scheduling with stakeholders on shoot dates and project status
- Organize media content in an efficient manner to minimize time-consuming processes
- Develop and refine collaborative techniques and other modular/pipeline workflows for the production of media content
- Create and organize animation assets to promote branding consistency and speedy output
- Maintain and oversee all production equipment
- Deliver footage and files to external servers
- Posts video content to online platforms and coordinates with Brand Manager regarding the distribution of content on owned channels and outside outlets, employing content optimization best practices and SEO
- Work closely with Brand Manager to develop robust distribution plans and metrics for produced videos to ensure consistent communication and branding that drives team towards company goals
- Experience in topics related to media production (design, camera operation, sound recording, filming, editing, etc.) in-office and out in the field
- Organizational skills to ensure clean project files, efficient modifications, and easy collaboration.
- Communication skills to promote healthy collaboration that speeds up necessary processes while providing high-quality results.
- Ability to effectively develop and refine plans that minimize workflow interruptions for disjoint teams/departments
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute engaging targeted videos, and managing metrics for effectiveness.
- Experience editing video with Adobe Premiere. Experience creating motion graphics using Adobe After Effects. Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Self-starter with the ability to meet deadlines, juggle competing demands, and work in an independent environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Appetite for problem solving and a love for fast-paced environments
- Some travel required
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office-based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained