Linux Academy is seeking a hungry PHP Developer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
As a PHP Developer at Linux Academy, your primary role will be to help maintain and provide bug fixes for our existing code base. You will also have the opportunity to develop new features utilizing new technologies. Some responsibilities will include:
- Investigate and provide fixes for bug tickets
- Make modifications to our existing code base
- Increase code coverage for existing projects
- Work with multiple departments to fulfill issues and requests
- Follow established development processes, practices, and standards.
- 2 years of real-world experience in PHP
- 1 year of experience with testing frameworks such as PHPUnit
- Familiar with MVC frameworks
- Familiar with Agile development and CI/CD workflows
- Experience with MySQL or other databases
- Appetite for learning and new technologies
- Ownership, drive and commitment. To our end users, to the projects, and to the company as a whole
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. You must be able to communicate effectively and respectfully across multiple departments and mediums such as in person, Skype and Slack.
- Experience in AWS or other cloud platforms is a plus.
- Must be available to work in office located in Keller, TX.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office-based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained