Lead Project Manager
Linux Academy is seeking a passionate Project Manager to join our Product team, lead the project management team, support the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. The perfect candidate will be able to lead and manage various development projects from creation to shipping.
This individual will help our development and design team follow the workflow of feature creation process by working closely with our internal and external developers/designers and ensure effective collaboration and communication. This position is also responsible for Sprint Planning, Release Planning, Sprint execution tracking, risk management and management of metrics related to sprint planning and execution.
- Great working habits developed from years of working with software/web engineers, designers, and executive team.
- Familiarity with current and emerging software technologies ranging from native mobile development to web frameworks.
- Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
- Working on multiple projects.
- Communicating with the Director of Product frequently to reassure him on the status of the projects.
- Participating in product meetings to help scope and prepare new features/products.
- Shipping software/web products successfully.
- You can collaborate closely with very opinionated people but always work towards a clear goal.
- You can write and communicate well.
- You have experience working with remote employees and help maintain organization within the different teams and projects.
- Be ready to lead and mentor a team of project managers as company grows
- 5+ Years of Experience doing Project Management for Web Applications or Software Development.
- 2+ Years Leading a team of project managers
- Experience and knowledge of Pivotal Tracker, Aha, or other project management tools.
- Experience creating products from beginning to shipping.
- Experience maintaining products life-cycles.
- Experience creating project scopes and technical documetation.
- Must be available to work in office located in Keller, TX.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Certified in Agile / Scrum Master
- Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) or,
- 7+ Years of Experience doing Web Applications and SaaS products.
- 5+ Years of Experience Leading Project Management Teams
- Understanding of Linux, AWS, Azure, OpenStack, DevOps, Containers, etc. a plus but not required.
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained