Linux Academy is seeking a innovative Laravel Developer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
You will be responsible for implementing best practices in Laravel applications, and making recommendations to the director about Laravel platform changes and updates. You'll primarily be developing web APIs and should also be familiar with Lumen and will work to implement services that coordinate with many different providers on various commercial cloud platforms. You must also have experience in three-tiered application development and will also be expected to code frontend interfaces using Angular 2/4. Some responsibilities may include:
- Building RESTful APIs in Laravel and Lumen
- Extending and developing existing APIs
- Writing tests to cover new code
- Documenting system components
- Integrating cloud platforms and working with APIs from other vendors to manage cloud resources
- Extending front end UIs to leverage new APIs.
- Laravel 5 experience for 1 or more years.
- MVC coding experience for at least 5 years
- Object Oriented coding practices for at least 5 years
- Knowledge of, and experience with OOP and TDD best practices, Agile, CI/CD workflows
- 5 or more years PHP coding experience
- Must have experience with one or more of the following cloud platforms: Google Cloud Platform, AWS, Azure, Openstack.
- Very experienced with Git
- Experience writing unit test for php projects
- Experience with one of the following: Ember, Angular2/4, or React.
- Experience with database design for both relational and NoSQL databases
- Experience working with microservices and containerization.
- Consistent history of implementing code following best practices,
- Consistent desire to learn and expand skillset.
- Experience with common collaboration tools, such as GitHub.com, Slack, Pivotal Tracker, Jira
- Strong communication skills. Able to work with other engineers, project leads, and coworkers in other departments to coordinate efforts of the team in completing projects and features.
- In house preferred but remote is acceptable. If remote, some travel to main office may be required at times and you must have access to a computer, internet, and phone.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained