Linux Academy is seeking a innovative Android Developer to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
You can expect to architect, develop, test, release, and support applications for the Android eco-system. Stay up to date on the latest and greatest Android-related technologies and look for ways to integrate them for a better user experience.
Your daily activities will include, but are not limited to:
- continuous development and maintenance of all LA mobile applications
- implementing the newest technology and making improvements to current applications
- answering reviews left for Linux Academy applications
- providing support to users that have issues.
- Intimate knowledge of Android application lifecycle, and material design principles
- Proficient in (or hungry to learn) Kotlin
- Experience with integration of REST API’s and JSON
- Knowledge of mobile architectures, trends, and emerging technologies
- Working knowledge mobile design principles, including IoC, DI, and MVC
- Have published at least one original Android app
- Must be available to work in office located in Keller, TX or if remote, be available during normal business hours and have a proven track record of working remotely
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained