Linux Academy is seeking a innovative Solutions Architect to join our Sales department and support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
The Solutions Architect at Linux Academy will be accountable for working directly with new and existing customers gathering requirements for the skills assessments platform. The Solutions architect will also be the primary technical resource for the sales and customer success team.
Candidates must have great communication skills and be very technical, with the ability to impress Linux Academy customers at any level, from executive to developer. The ideal candidate has hands-on experience designing and troubleshooting large-scale systems architecture, in addition to working experience with virtualized environments in the enterprise. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Gather requirements from Customer base and collaborate directly with the Assessment Architects and product team
- Serve as a champion/SME for skills assessments across the organization.
- Provide technical support to help drive revenue through all sales channels.
- Work on large/complex deals, strategic to Sales objectives
- 5+ years of highly technical hands-on job experience
- 3+ years experience in building and designing solutions that run in virtualized environments specifically AWS
- Experience in multi cloud technologies which include AWS, Azure, GCP and VMWare
- Experience with deploying and managing SSO based solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
- Proven ability to understand the skill level and training required to perform Solution Architecture for Enterprise customers.
- Above average presentation and written communication skills
- Organized and goal focused, ability to manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for technology and continuous education.
- Effective Team Player with the ability to Work Independently
- Must be available to work daily in office, located in Keller, TX
- Must be able to travel domestically as well as internationally as needed.
- Must have the ability to reasonably accommodate customer schedules relative to time zone considerations.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship
Preferred Skills (not mandatory, but a bonus)
- Certifications in either AWS, Azure or GCP
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and terminology
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained