Google Cloud Platform Course Author
Linux Academy is seeking an innovative Google Cloud Platform Course Author to support our team and the thousands of students around the world who learn through us and our cloud technology. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for advanced IT professionals. Linux Academy offers a full-featured training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join us and help build our team!
A Course Author is responsible for creating all requisite material and content for online, self-paced courses that are offered at Linux Academy. Courses are made available to students worldwide via Linux Academy’s online platform and help students grow their personal and professional cloud-based skill sets. The courses include (but are not limited to) videos lesson, live labs environments, quizzes, study guides, and flash cards. A Course Author is expected to stay up-to-date on technology and trends within their domain, and is encouraged to learn other domains as necessary in order to contribute to Linux Academy’s content team. A Course Author is also responsible for helping students in our online community (and other service-related mediums) in order to assure the student’s success. Some responsibilities may include:
- Create full length, online, self-paced GCP curriculum.
- Curriculum includes:
- Video lessons (conceptual and walkthroughs)
- Design and implement Live GCP Learning Environments
- Quiz/exam questions
- Study guides
- Flash Cards
- Interactive Diagraming
- Respond to student questions.
- Participate in and create other types of content related to GCP:
- Blog post
- Speak at meetups/conferences
- Work within the Linux Academy framework to create new/innovative teaching methods in order to further engage students.
- Use Linux Academy (and/or outside resources) to continue your own personal education in GCP and other cloud-related domains.
- Desire to teach and help others learn GCP
- At least one year hands-on experience with GCP
- GCP certification (at least one preferred)
- Holding multiple GCP/cloud/Linux certifications and knowing one or more scripting language is a plus.
- Passion for being part of the GCP community through meetups/events.
- Ability to learn new cloud/I.T. related skills quickly
- Technical content creation skills:
- Video/audio recording and editing
- Some travel required
- A great attitude!
- Due to the large amount of audio/video recording required, remote workers must have a quiet workspace with little to no outside noise.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office-based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained