Linux Academy is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Product department and support our team and the thousands of businesses and students around the world who learn through our platform. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for IT professionals through high quality, hands-on, and affordable training. Linux Academy offers a full-featured cloud and Linux training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join a vibrant, hard-working team, and help make a difference in our students’ lives!
The Technical Writer will write content seen by our individual and team students, as well as by our internal teams. You will review, edit, and improve technical guides written by course authors, contractors and students, as well as non-technical content for our internal documentation or for externally-facing content. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reviewing, editing, and improving technical guides written by course authors, contractors, and students.
- Taking labs and lessons from our library of content, and creating easy to follow guides around them for our students to learn.
- Working closely with course authors and guide writers, and professionally communicating requirements and improvements.
- Reviewing marketing and sales collateral, website copy, and other work for technical & grammatical accuracy
- Reviewing, editing, and improving externally-facing written content
- Helping classify, update, and improve internal documentation
- Working as part of a team to ensure we have fantastic written content to present to our students, the public, and internal teams
- Contributing to technical articles, blogs, guides, and other pieces of content
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
- Strong technical knowledge. Experience in Linux, AWS, Containers, or DevOps concepts and tools is a requirement.
- Experience in, and experience in other topics like Big Data, Azure, and OpenStack are a plus
- Writing should be your passion and you can't see your day-to-day life not involve writing something.
- Ability to learn quickly and figure things out, even if you don't have experience in a specific tool or topic.
- Exceptional grammatical skills.
- Ability to create technical guides at different skill levels and in a logical, comprehensive way.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Must have a knack for distilling complex topics into concise guides, steps, and assessments.
- Must have a passion for helping people grow and learn.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Must be available to work in office located in Keller, TX or if remote, be available during normal business hours and have a proven track record of working remotely
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained