Linux Academy is seeking a Technical Writer to join our Content department and support our team and the thousands of businesses and students around the world who learn through our platform. Our mission is to provide advanced training tools that increase skills and encourage critical thinking for IT professionals through high quality, hands-on, and affordable training. Linux Academy offers a full-featured cloud and Linux training library with everything one needs to learn new skills and advance in one’s career path. As we continue to grow at an unprecedented pace, we need to find the best talent around. Come join a vibrant, hard-working team, and help make a difference in our students’ lives!
The Technical writer will write content seen by every student and enterprise customer. You will review, edit and improve technical guides written by course authors, contractors and students. Some responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Writing technical articles, blogs, eBooks, guides, and whitepapers.
- Reviewing, editing, and improving technical guides written by course authors, contractors, and students.
- Managing public relations vendor and lead public relations initiatives including press releases and distribution.
- Taking labs and lessons, and creating easy to follow guides around them.
- Working closely with course authors and guide writers, and professionally communicating requirements and improvements.
- Managing email campaigns, including development of content, test strategies, development of target lists, and deployment with a focus on optimizing click through and open rates.
- Designing and crafting email templates for new customer acquisition and customer retention.
- Excellent verbal and written skills are a must.
- Strong technical knowledge. Experience in Linux, AWS, Containers, DevOps concepts and tools is a requirement.
- Experience in, and experience in other topics like Big Data, Azure, and OpenStack are a plus
- Writing should be your passion and you can't see your day-to-day life not involve writing something.
- Exceptional grammatical skills.
- Ability to learn quickly and figure things out, even if you don't have experience in a specific tool or topic.
- Ability to create technical assessments at different skill levels and in a logical, comprehensive way.
- Highly organized and able to juggle multiple deadlines.
- Must have a knack for distilling complex topics into concise guides, steps, and assessments.
- Must have a passion for helping people grow and learn.
- You must be authorized to work in the United States without Sponsorship
- Must be available to work daily in office, located in Kansas City, MO
- High compensation with great bonus opportunities
- Three weeks vacation, one week sick leave
- Health, dental, vision, life insurance provided free to employee; discounted to spouse/family
- Free drinks/snacks for office based employees
- Flexible schedule
- Simple IRA with non-elective contribution made by Linux Academy, opportunity to make voluntary contribution by employee
- Satisfaction of helping others grow and learn
- Opportunity to work with a really exciting, fun team and roll out new projects
- Compensation increases proportionate to new knowledge gained